Envoy is an open source edge and service proxy. Among others, it promises better manageability and observability. During this internship, you'll investigate whether Envoy is better suited for our product than our current proxy setup, a combination of nginx and HAProxy. And whether introducing Envoy is worth the effort.
In this internship, you will:
- learn our current proxy setup and use-cases
- introduce envoy as a proxy in the product
- setup the grpc-web plugins and demonstrate gRPC communcation from a web client
- investigate the load-balancing options
- setup the MongoDB sniffer
- explore the management API and implement a POC with it
- investigate service mesh architectures and find a match with our current service setup
- You'll also learn about performance metering and service mesh architectures.
- 6-week internship
- Between July & September, you can choose when.
- Degree: Master Of Science - Computer Engineering.
Upload your CV or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org!