We are looking for a Senior Technical Writer who wants to contribute their writing talent, creativity, problem-solving skills and commitment to quality as part of an experienced writing team (NetApp, Cisco, VMware) for enterprise storage products. You will be working in a high-integrity and humane environment with teams that use their talent and skills to contribute to the company’s success.
You will be responsible for creating documentation using DITA methodology and tools for enterprise storage products. Product documentation includes User Guides, Release Notes, Hardware Guides, Installation and Configuration Guides, Online Help, API References and other technical documents.
- Excellent English language, technical writing and proofreading/editing skills
- Proven competence (2-3 years) creating DITA topic-based content using XML authoring tools and content management system
- Proven competence (3-4 years) documenting products for storage or a related domain (networking, virtualization, databases, cloud)
- Experience creating software and/or hardware documentation from scratch (1-2 years)
- Ability to understand highly technical information and explain difficult concepts in a way that is easy to understand
- Ability to research information, work hands-on and independently
- Experience reviewing user interfaces
- Experience creating standard technical publications from scratch
- Excellent team collaboration, communication and project management skills
- Motivated, self-driven, and willing to take up challenges
- Experience working in product companies and startup environments
- Experience creating context sensitive help in DITA environments
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting DITA authoring and publication tools, including DITA-OT plugins, CCMS (easyDITA), and OxygenXML
- Experience working with DTDs, XML, XSLT, DITA-OT, HTML, CSS
What's in it for you?
- Working at Western Digital means that you will be working in a team with seasoned and passionate experts in their respective domains. As a team, we eat complex challenges for lunch, like building a high-performance Exabyte Storage System that makes datacenters worldwide ‘CloudStorage-ready’.
- We offer you a high-tech playground to explore all facets of ICT: from software analysis, design and ‘from scratch’ development to extensive quality testing and engineering of new software components. As a software engineer you will be reporting to the Chief Architect.
- You are the key of success for Western Digital. That’s why you will get a very attractive remuneration: fixed salary (75th percentile), a decent company car, a complete insurance package, meal vouchers, a GSM and an Internet subscription.
- Western Digital saves no energy and time to take you and your knowledge to the next level. We complete the package with peer-programming, on-the-job coaching and enough time for research.
- Oh by the way, our office hours are flexible. One day a week you can work from home, you have the freedom to plan your own workday, and with our gym membership you can do some workouts during lunch breaks!