The engineering department is looking for a project engineer. You will be part of a dynamic team of project engineers, project leaders and technical experts, who are collaborating on the development of the next generations of our compressors, with the main objective of improving energy efficiency. Your mission exists of bringing the various projects to a successful result in collaboration with your teammates.
You will follow up on the entire design process, from prototype to serial production. You will work out the full mechanical and electrical design of the concerning machine(s), collaborating with the designer, the project leader, the colleagues from the other departments (Production, Purchase, Aftermarket) and internal and external suppliers. You will make all of this happen in an international environment.
Your duties exist of:
- Researching the project feasibility in all its aspects
- Defining the correct technical concept in line with the specifications and requirements described in the master specification
- Selection and calculation of head components and materials to be used, within schedule
- Coordination and follow-up of design-related tasks with the designer and our department in India
- Consulting suppliers about selection of parts and technical applications, and monitoring innovations within their domain
- Optimalisation of cost and design of parts in consult with suppliers (co-design)
- Realisation of the necessary functional specifications for the various components
- Monitoring of prototype construction and processing of feedback
- Support of the Production Method Engineers and Service Specialist; this means that, during the test phase, you constantly take into account of and consult with those responsible for assemblage, testing and service
- Setup of test programs in collaboration with the Design Reviewer; supervision of prototype tests, interpretation of test results and processing of feedback
- Independently work out and follow-up the assigned subprojects, which are part of the product development projects
- Monitoring technical specifications and preparation of DNs for release of final design
- Participation in project team meetings
- Product follow-up after start of serial production
Skills and experience
- Civil Engineer or Industrial Engineer
- Solid technical knowledge, both theoretical and practical
Are we a good fit?
- You are result oriented: you commit to targets and you stick to this during implementation
- You apply your own function related specialised and detailed technical expertise and knowledge to achieve your goals
- You analyze and use common sense
- You can identify root causes of problems, using facts, numbers and logical reasoning
- You think of multiple solutions and determine the best one by weighing the pros and cons
- You use your time and means efficiently in order to achieve your goals
- You prioritize based on importance and urgency
- You communicate openly, constructively and proactively
- You are a real team player and you handle changes quickly to achieve the best solutions possible
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.