Within the divisional engineering department of Industrial Air in Antwerp we currently have a vacancy for a manager competence, processes and systems engineering.
The team’s main mission is to collect & spread knowledge in all product companies (PC) of the division and to roll-out standard engineering tools and processes
Industrial Air has firmly committed to invest in knowledge and competence in engineering to succeed in the division’s mission to develop innovative products faster and better. It is a fact that in all PC’s there are pockets of knowledge and experience, but it is equally so that these best practices remain local. The aim is to share learnings in a structured and organized manner.
The team will also develop and roll out calculation tools and will continue to develop insights for design of new products from smartbox data. You make analysis & reporting standards for the division.
On tools and processes there are standards for technical calculations and testing as well are there new standards for IT tools in Office365. Also here the importance of communication, training and follow-up is recognized.
The team consists in total of 9 members of which project engineers for technical processes, calculations, IT processes, Legislation and Design Review.
PDM/PLM & CAD standards for the division are managed in your team.
You also manage standardization for the CT business area. There is a program leader to support.
We are looking for a strong communicator who can build bridges between the PC’s in the division and who has passion for knowledge sharing. Someone with a broad field of interest from laboratorium procedures, technical calculations, data analysis to BPCS tools and PLM. The ideal candidate works very structured and reports clearly. You have the ability to coach, motivate and build a solid team from members with various competence & background.
Frequent travel is required.
* Leadership: inspire other people by acting as a role model and radiating the company’s vision and values. Motivate, engage and coach the team to create sustainable results
* Customer focus: offer an excellent service and establish a good relationship with your internal and your external customers.
* Result driven: take action in a consequent manner , be goal oriented within the fixed deadlines.
* Innovation & Solution: think broad, open to new ideas and experience; handle situations and problems with innovation and creativity. Drive continuous improvement in daily work. Think strategically, support and manage change
* Interaction: : relate well to people, collaborate resources effectively, use network to drive business results and manage conflict in constructive way. Act as part of a team and take into account the effect of your actions on other departments.
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.