Tegile, a Western Digital Brand / Enterprise Flash Storage.
Tegile, a Western Digital Brand is a manufacturer of flash storage arrays. Both hybrid and all-flash storage arrays use technology called IntelliFlash. Tegile is part of the WD Data Center Systems (DCS) business unit with an engineering centre in Ghent (Ghelamco).
We are looking for a Kernel hacker with User Space (userland) experience who is interested in joining a fastgrowing company building next-generation storage.
You will be part of a talented group of engineers in a very open and transparent environment.
Our product is based on a very highly customized version of ZFS, we have solved the challenges of deduplication and made great strides in caching algorithms making them effective and our product stand out.
Our appliance plugs into various storage ecosystems given the plugins we have developed
We have a feature-rich solution that solves most data storage requirements
Qualifications and skills:
We understand that you may not have all the required qualities or have necessarily dealt with the challenges we have; however, we would like to hire a great engineer who likes solving problems and delivering a strong data storage solution for our customers.
The ideal candidate is ...
Our “Ideal” candidate would be someone who has:
- Strong C programming background ( C++ a plus )
- Experience developing, modifying building Unix/Linux kernel (Solaris or illumos a big plus)
- Experience working with various Storage protocols and networking background: TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, ISCSI, SAS, SATA, SCSI, etc.
- Experience in Shell and Perl scripting
- Passion for building scalable and high-performance Filesystem
Is a plus ...
- Programming skills in C++
- Solaris or illumos
- ZFS experience would be a major plus
- SMB (‘KMO’ / ‘MKB’) experience would be a major plus
- Experience with clustering solutions
What you will be doing
- You will contribute to the development of high-performance storage system with deduplication, compression, replication, and snapshots.
- You will assist with performance analysis and use the outcome of the same to deliver code that makes our Storage system the best
- Help design and develop tools for detection and analysis of stability issues.
- Help design and build a proactive response ecosystem for our storage appliance that will help us respond better to situations before they become a problem.
- Help with crash analysis of critical field issues and provide fixes for the same.
- Building toolkits for Customer Solutions team, tools that help during POC, deployment and ongoing health checks.