The ERP and Finance applications team is responsible for the lifecycle of the ERP and Finance oriented information systems for product companies. We continuously strive for a close alignment with our internal business customer, being responsible for the development of new functionalities, the continuous improvement of existing applications, as well as the day-to-day IS/IT support.
We are part of CT-IS (Compressor Technique - Information Services), which delivers services to the Compressor Technique business area of Atlas Copco. The department operates from the Compressor Technique headquarters, which is located in Antwerp, Belgium.
- As SAP ABAP expert you will take care of building and maintaining a new SAP platform for our Service Centers globally
- You are responsible for translating functional specifications into technical designs, in close collaboration with the functional analysts
- Along with the functional analysists, you develop applications in order to increase customer satisfaction levels
- You build applications in SAP S/4 HANA and SAP Fiori GUI, this for different modules (SD, MM, FI ...); also developing interfaces with other Group applications is in scope; you have a technical expert role and develop solutions accordingly
- You develop test scenarios, and test newly programmed and modified applications
- In case of issues with the programmed applications, you are in direct contact with the end-users in order to find solutions to the problems
- You are responsible for technical program documentation, to promote and further develop the expertise
- You provide advice with respect to the SAP knowledge and competence domain; also providing training and sharing knowledge is one of your tasks
- You will get the opportunity to have an insight in other colleague's tasks, in order to help ensuring an optimal way of working as a team
The function reports to the ERP and Finance applications competence domain team leader. You will, however, have very frequent interaction with business (key) users as well as with colleagues from the various IS/IT departments within Atlas Copco and external suppliers. Occasional travel abroad might be required.
Skills and experience
- University degree in Information Technology or Systems, or equal by experience
- Experience with ABAP, SAP Fiori and Adobe Forms is a must, knowledge of ALE set-ups, ADS and iDocs is required
- At least 3 years of experience with business systems support
- A good functional and technical understanding of the Product Company BPCS system is a must
- Experience with and understanding of logistical processes is a plus
- Knowledge of following SAP modules: MM, FI, CO, SD, WM, PP is a plus
Are we a good fit?
- You enjoy working in a client oriented environment, you feel committed to long term projects by building user friendly applications
- You have an analytical mindset, you are solution oriented
- You are a teamplayer, creative and you take initiative
- You work accurately and you can cope with pressure to meet deadlines
- You have excellent written and oral English skills
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.