The Data Excellence team is responsible for the lifecycle of Data, Business Intelligence, and Internet of Things (IoT) related information systems.
We are responsible for the development of new applications, the continuous improvement of existing applications, as well as the day-to-day, IS/IT support. We work in close collaboration with other business and IT data teams within the Atlas Copco team.
We are part of CT-IS (Compressor Technique - Information Services), which delivers services to the Compressor Technique business area of Atlas Copco. The department operates from the Compressor Technique (CT) headquarters, which is located in Antwerp, Belgium. CT-IS was founded in 2003 and employs about +100 people.
- Design the future common data layer from a technical perspective:
- data, tools, technology, integration, servers, performance, fail-over, high-availability, backups, disks, ...
- In order to enable CT business area to become a data-driven organization: supporting enterprise and self-service reporting, data analytics/science, streaming data, data integration, ... both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Review and design individual database architectures for new CT applications.
- Coördinate the replication of on-premise or cloud data to the common data layer, using appropriate technologies, with project teams and other Atlas Copco group IT stakeholders.
- Review and audit database architectures proposed by third parties (suppliers, consultants, ...)
- Advise project teams on database technologies, systems and best practices.
Maintenance and monitoring responsibilities:
- Health check monitoring and recommendations:
- data integrity, servers, disks, logs, scheduled jobs, deadlocks, backups, statistics, security, compression, encryption ...
- Performance monitoring and recommendations:
- indices, partitioning, query plan analysis, stored procedures ...
- Database migrations between various systems, or to more recent versions.
- Provide and maintain technical documentation.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support on databases.
- You will report on your activities, status, budget and timing to all stakeholders.
- Occasional interventions outside office hours may be required, in case of incidents.
- You will report to the Data Excellence team leader, within the Atlas Copco Compressor Technique Information Services department (CT-IS).
Skills and experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience
- Bachelor/Master in related domains or equivalent by experience
- Expert knowledge on relational database systems: Microsoft SQL Server both hosted on-premise as in the Cloud
- Experience in data transformation technologies: CDC, SSIS, Data Factory, BODS ...
- Experience with Azure cloud database technologies
- Experience with Big data architectures is considered a plus
- Experience with NoSQL architectures is considered a plus
- Experience with technical impact of GDRP is considered a plus
- You are fluent in English: both written and spoken
Are we a good fit?
- You have a passion for innovation and new technologies
- You like open communication and one-to-one contact with your business partners. You are a good communicator and are able to maintain excellent relationships with your stakeholders and colleagues
- You are open for innovation, and like to the think along with the business, however not afraid to challenge if necessary
- You have a ‘can do’ approach, and are decisive
- You are not afraid of making errors and are willing to learn by doing
- You are flexible and prepared to work outside of business hours if required to meet a deadline
- You are customer-focused, enthusiastic and professional
- You are proactive
- You have very strong analytical skills
- You are result-oriented and quality-focused in terms of processes
- You are stress-resistant
About Atlas Copco
As an Atlas Copco employee
As an employee at Atlas Copco, it is important to have great communication skills. This allows you to maintain excellent relationships with your colleagues and stakeholders. Furthermore, you are a true team player which involves that you encourage knowledge sharing between colleagues. Last but not least: you are a customer and quality-focused professional.
Atlas Copco offers you more than a job!
We support your professional and personal growth. Atlas Copco empowers you to seize opportunities, to grow and to take more responsibilities on (inter)national level. Priority at Atlas Copco is the major focus on innovation, the attention to an excellent work-life balance and to professional progress. Furthermore, we offer training opportunities which entitle you to plot your own career path.
Over time, you can choose to manage larger projects and budgets, to become a team leader or to take up a position within another division. It’s self-evident that you get an attractive salary and a wide range of fringe benefits. Your talent and passion for Industry 4.0 deserve it. In that way, you provide a significant contribution to make the world a better place to live.
Atlas Copco is operating worldwide
The Atlas Copco Group has its headquarter in Stockholm, Sweden and is operating in more than 180 countries. The compressor department of the group has its international head office in Wilrijk (Antwerp): Atlas Copco Airpower. As a market leader in air technology, we develop and manufacture a large range of industrial compressors and related products.
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools, and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us, you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.