Compressor Technique Information Services (CT-IS) is responsible for information systems within the Compressor Technique business area of Atlas Copco. We implement digital platforms and digital solutions for our customers, our suppliers, and our internal organization to optimize and automate processes. We are mainly based in Belgium, with teams in the US, India and China.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate and committed IT Project Leader who can take the IT lead in one or more manufacturing related projects. He or she will also take up responsibilities with regards to the aftercare for applications in our portfolio.
Due to the high level of complexity of the systems, this role requires solid analytical skills.
You will have the opportunity to work in a highly motivated team in a challenging environment.
You will become part of the manufacturing applications team which is responsible for the lifecycle of manufacturing operations systems. Example domains: Production planning & scheduling, manufacturing execution systems (MES), warehouse management (WMS), shop floor logistics, quality management, plant maintenance, industrial automation applications, manufacturing KPI Business Intelligence, etc. Industry 4.0 related projects (Digital twin, IOT and Data projects) are taking more and more focus from the team.
- You are responsible for the day-to-day management of assigned IT projects, for this you work closely together with the business project leader and other people from the company
- You analyze business requirements, write up functional specs and test programs
- You guarantee an excellent quality of the manufacturing applications system processes, which need to be in line with the business processes
- You guarantee an excellent application architecture
- You aim for a qualitative integration in our existing IT architecture landscape
- During projects, you take the lead throughout the different project phases, from feasibility until final implementation
- For such projects, you are responsible for the follow-up of the project against its stipulated goals, planning and budget
- You are the point of contact for all stakeholders of your application/project, including internal and external service providers
- You manage issues and change requests for your applications and projects and will take care of the appropriate escalation when needed
- You prepare and present weekly and monthly status reports for the project team, councils, steering committees, project reviews and CT-IS management
Skills and experience
- The candidate has a university degree (Example Applied Economics, Commercial Engineering, IT, etc.) or similar through experience
- Affinity and understanding of IT applications is essential
- An excellent knowledge of English is required
- Project management certifications are considered as an asset
- The candidate has a minimum of 3 years of experience in leading IT projects
- Proven experience in Project Management (Planning, Budget, coordination, etc.)
- Experience in the domain of manufacturing, and related processes (e.g. MES, Shop Floor Logistics, supply chain)
- Experience in working with ERP systems is a strong asset
- Experience with software development processes
- ERP knowledge (BPCS, SAP,…) is a strong asset
Are we a good fit?
- You are customer focused, enthusiastic and professional
- You are proactive
- You have very strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- You have a self-drive and passion
- You need to have good communication and interpersonal skills
- You work systematically and accurately
- You are result oriented, quality focused in terms of processes
- You can handle pressure, and are prepared to work outside regular office hours, which is sometimes necessary due to a deadline
- You are open to work in global team with a mix of different cultures
- You are a team player, and encourage knowledge sharing between colleagues
- You have a self-drive and passion
The function reports to the IT Team Leader Manufacturing Applications. Travel can be required occasionally.
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.