HVAC Senior Engineer: What's in a name?
The HVAC Senior Engineer will join the European project engineering teams for the Energy&Chemicals business line and will have the Antwerp office as home base. You'll be responsable for the home office engineering of HVAC and utility systems for the design of new biotech, food and (petro)chemical manufacturing and other advanced facilities. Summarized you'll devlop HVAC design criteria, descriptions, aeraulic schematics, data sheets, specifications, materials requisitions and other engineering deliverables, starting from the client requirements, the client SOP's and all applicable engineering codes. As a Senior Engineer you'll manage the design team including designers and draftsmen on a projectbasis.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Lead and execute the HVAC design (from Feasability to Detailed Design).
- Plan, organize and lead engineering and design activities related to HVAC systems and equipment.
- Organize, attend and lead technical meetings with customer's HVAC counterparts (mainly in English but in Dutch, German or French is also possible) in all project phases to discuss the technical solutions, the User Requirements, standards and codes.
- Plan, organize and execute P&IDs, PFDs, airflow diagrams, AF&IDs, zoning diagrams, pressurization diagrams, HVAC ductwork and HVAC piping plans, sections, details, and equipment schedules in all phases, from Feasibility through Concept and Basic until Detailed Design.
- Interface closely and support the other disciplines, e.g. Civil, Electrical, Automation, Piping, to formalize the HVAC needs and to support the design of the related systems out of HVAC scope.
- Select and size the aeraulic control equipment (dampers, cassettes etc.) and the related control systems in collaboration with the vendors and other engineering disciplines.
- Identify, dimension and specify equipment such as AHUs, EFs, FCUs, air distribution in-line devices.
- Coordinate with the Commissioning and Qualification Team to help defining the Commissioning strategy and reflect it into the design of the HVAC systems.
- Participate to the HVAC Equipment Vendors and Works Contractors selection by aligning technically the offers.
- Follow up the construction works by approving Third Party drawings, answering RFI’s and attending site meetings.
- Investigate eventual HVAC technical problems, consult with other experts and coordinate directly with equipment suppliers to find optimal solutions.
- Support the Construction Team to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conforms to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements.
Who are we looking for?
- Bs or Ms in (electro)mechanical engineering.
- At least 8 year experience in HVAC engineering and design for (petro)chemical, pharmaceutical or other advanced facilities (experience in other regulation-driven industries like food or nuclear will first be evaluated).
- Familiarity with major engineering projects organization and company/department guidelines and standards.
- Working knowledge of the European Mechanical, Building, & Energy codes related to the engineering and design of pharmaceutical and industrial buildings.
- Fluency in English is mandatory (Dutch, French, German etc. are an asset).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- You're a teamplayer who can also work independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
In April 2019, WorleyParsons and Jacobs' Energy, Chemicals and Resources division, two global leaders in engineering, technical and professional services, came together as a new brand – Worley. Our customers now have access to a wide network of highly capable people around the world to help them meet the world's changing energy, chemicals and resources needs.
We provide our customers with a wide range of consulting and advisory services, and deep technical expertise across multiple projects. Our integrated offerings cover full asset management services and engineering, procurement and construction capability. We deliver these outcomes through our four business lines – Advisian, Major Projects, Integrated Solutions and Services.