As part of a wider HR EMEA team, you will act as the first point of contact for HR-related queries from employees and external partners at our Ghent site. Your main administrative duties will include maintaining personnel records, managing HR documents (e.g. employment records and onboarding guides) and updating internal databases. You will ideally possess an agile, can-do attitude with the ability to juggle various administrative tasks in a timely manner. You should have experience with HR procedures in a multi-national (preferably EMEA) corporate environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Support ongoing company restructuring.
- Support HRBPs on client matters and corporate programs (compensation programs, stock allocation, organisational development, talent acquisition, local employee relations).
- Coach leaders and employees on a wide range of issues, helping them to navigate tactical processes. Be a subject matter expert on our employee system - Workday.
- Partner effectively with the broader, global HR organisation and other key groups such as Legal and Finance.
- Assume an added role of liaison with HR Analytics/Operations to support creation and delivery of high value metrics and reporting, to be utilised within and external to assigned client organisations.
- Ensure effective partnership with all HR COEs to ensure timely delivery of services/products and to support client initiatives.
- Acquire and demonstrate a growing knowledge of the business and broader industry developments.
- Demonstrate ability to utilise business software applications and prepare professional documents/reports. Be motivated and comfortable working within a data driven environment.
- Effectively utilise data from varying sources to present relevant and accurate information for client and HR organisations.
- Occasional overseas travel.
- BA degree with coursework in HR related areas; Master’s degree and/or professional certifications preferred or equivalent experience.
- 3+ yrs. min. related experience, with exposure to: HRIS/analytics, M&A, organizational development, talent acquisition, total rewards, management coaching, performance management, organizational restructuring, employee relations and employee engagement.
Nice to haves
- Experience with high growth, innovative, multi-cultural technology organizations preferred.
- Working knowledge in Personnel systems (eg: Workday & Taleo).
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with others.
- Speak effectively one-on-one and to small groups of internal and external parties.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to handle pressure and diverse issues simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining quality of work.
- Conduct business in an ethical manner, presenting a credible image
- Interact and communicate effectively with employees, vendors, contractors, and management in a business professional manner.
- Candidate will be self-motivated, customer oriented, resourceful and enthusiastic.
- Fluent in Dutch and English (both verbally and written)
About Western Digital
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.