Yazzoom is a high-tech company based in Ghent, Belgium. We offer AI-based software and R&D services for improving the company processes of our customers.
We have created two innovative own software products that are being further expanded:
- a tool suite for virtual sensor creation, deployment and monitoring called Yasense
- a big data software platform for anomaly detection on machine generated data
(timeseries and log files) called Yanomaly (https://www.machine-analytics.com).
Our team consists of smart and motivated high-tech professionals with various backgrounds. The past 7 years we have proven to deliver a large added value for our customers. We are now ready for a rapid expansion and internationalization and are looking for new colleagues that want to grow together with us.
About the job
We are looking for a skilled (web) front-end software engineer to complement our software development team working on our products. You will use various state of the art (big-data) technologies and development frameworks including Vue.js, Elastic, Kafka, Docker and Plotly. You will come into contact with many interesting Machine Learning AI libraries and applications. Finally, you will have the opportunity to look behind the scenes of our many industrial customers from various sectors, including (petro-) chemical, paper and pulp, automotive, metallurgy and food-and-beverage.
In this job, you will use and extend a broad set of software and web development skills:
- Help build and improve a challenging and scalable browser-based application for AI-based anomaly detection and predictive modeling
- Combine existing open-source technologies into a single front-end, including Plotly, Vue/React, Bootstrap and others
- Interface your front-end with a Python-based backend, serving data from Kafka, Elastic and running in various communicating docker containers managed through Kubernetes
- Help write unit and integration tests in collaboration with our test engineer
- You will help with the transition from the existing Angular-based front-end to aVue/React based front-end
- You will implement new features in tight collaboration with the back-end developers
- You will have impact not only on the front-end logic but also the features and look-and-feel of the application
You tick the following boxes:
- Love to build clean, understandable and user-friendly UIs
- Have a clear opinion on the look and feel of the ideal UI
- Can help translate the end user’s requirements into specifications and software
- Aim to build crisp, maintainable and readable code
- Are passionate about JS, React/Vue, HTML and CSS and web technologies
- Have a bachelor or Master in Computer Science or a similar field
- Speak and write English and/or Dutch fluently
- Yazzoom is an innovative high-tech software and engineering company that helps its customers to push the boundaries of what is possible in terms of (big) data analysis and machine learning. With us, you enter a fast growing but financially solid company active in the world of constant innovation.
- You will get to work in a team of strong computer science professionals on a variety of challenging projects.
- We provide the opportunity for training and, where appropriate, supervision by experienced engineers. However, we expect you to hit the ground running and start coding from the first week.
- In this job, you will never get bored. This is a job with a lot of variety. We offer the opportunity to grow with the company if you want and fit the requirements.
- We promote communication and permanent learning in an informal, constructive, and no-nonsense corporate culture. Your colleagues are top notch and up to speed with the latest technological trends and so you can learn with and from them.
- With us no rigid organizational structures and decision-making processes, but direct access to the company management and flexible working hours.
- We give a lot of confidence to our employees, and expect them to use it wisely. Therefore, we greatly appreciate taking initiative, passion for the work without neglecting the rest of your life, intelligence, teamwork and integrity.
- We work hard but we also take time to celebrate success and have fun.
- Your motivation, initiative and dedication are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package, with extras such as a company car or free public transport, a wage bonus, contributions to your retirement fund, a large training budget and an attractive travel allowance.
The main location and base for this job is our office in Sint-Denijs-Westrem near Ghent. About 10 minutes from the Sint-Pieters train station by tram or by bike, and a few minutes from the E40 motorway. Occasional travel to our customers is required. Usually one day visits, but sometimes several days in a row.