Data Insights Consultant (Antwerp / Ghent / Brussels - Belgium)
Daltix is enabling big names in retail to make better decisions based on data rather than gut-feeling. We are specialized in understanding our client's needs, measuring the influence of (regional) competition, their prices, promotions, products and assortments in an ever-changing dynamic market. We are still a small company, but with big, international ambitions. To this end Daltix is looking for hands-on consultants that bring our advanced data insights and reporting tailored to our clients' needs.
This position is ideal for people who are innovative, hands-on and would like to experience the business of an ambitious scale-up from close-by.
About the role
Daltix is looking for a Data Insights Consultant who wants to identify value and build solutions for our clients.
More concretely: we are looking forward to welcoming a pragmatic and ambitious consultant to our Professional Services team to build on our customer understanding and remain experts in the niche field of big data applications in the retail world.
You will work together closely with your colleagues (both technical and business profiles) and -of course- our clients in order to tackle challenging innovations, such as price elasticity, product categorization, promotion ROI, etc.
Daltix has an existing, flexible retail data platform in place with the necessary tools and standardized data sets. You’re at the end of the value chain, ensuring that we can leverage the existing platform to quickly set up client environments and create value for their specific business cases.
What we expect from you
- Understand clients needs and define projects through workshops.
- Have the ability to translate client feedback into pragmatic technical solutions.
- Scope potential operational hurdles and communicate these to the appropriate (internal and external) stakeholders in a comprehensive manner.
- Develop and deliver insights and solutions to create client value based on Daltix’ tools, analysis & consultancy together with your co-workers.
- Every project and approach you undertake has a clear business value in mind.
- Lead by example by delivering qualitative solutions while ensuring deadlines are met.
What do we offer
- We are a young, entrepreneurial and fast-growing company; you will have the unique big opportunity to shape our future by having an impact on how we will grow further.
- You will be offered a competitive wage.
- You will be surrounded by a talented, diverse and international team of top-notch experts.
- Flexible work arrangements with a lot of autonomy in what you do and where you do it - we trust you to know your schedule and work when you feel most productive.
- You will be able to participate in relevant training to stay at the top of your field. Be part of an interesting and dynamic start-up and enjoy the scaling process.
- An open company culture where transparency and fun are as crucial as qualitative work.
- Occasional drinks and team events (even during COVID times we do an effort).
- Health insurance coverage.
- Degree in a relevant subject (e.g. business engineering, civil engineering or similar degrees)
- 1+ years’ experience in applied research projects and/or business analytics
- The ability to understand business processes and map to mathematical form
- Good communication skills and ability for stakeholder management
- Analytical skills in a commercial setting (i.e. SQL, Python, Pandas, Jupyter Notebook, etc.)
- Experience in writing ETLs and cloud computing (Airflow and AWS is a plus)
- Prototyping solutions for business applications
- Statistical modelling
- Quality assurance and testing