As Front End Developer you are assigned to one of the development squads and responsible for building and implementing appealing interactive components and effective user interfaces for various online applications that our customers use to access our very popular entertainment products.
- You translate UI/UX design wireframes into high-performance code, building new or optimizing existing visual application components, bearing in mind UX aspects;
- You deliver clean, reusable and clearly documented code;
- You apply responsive and adaptive design techniques and conduct UI tests;
- You work according to SOLID principles and utilize design patterns;
- You review the code of peers and are open to feedback about your own code;
- You collaborate closely with technical analysts, product owners, UX/UI designers, other developers and QA Engineers. You report to your dedicated squad lead;
- You work according to Agile principles (Scrum framework), effectively starting your days with a stand up and contributing to biweekly sprints;
- You contribute to the overall software development lifecycle, this includes helping to define design requirements and supporting QA and deployment activities;
- You keep abreast with new technologies and actively contribute to our guilds.
Your winners profile
- You obtained a higher degree in Computer Sciences, ICT Engineering or similar;
- You have several years of professional experience in building and implementing front end technology, ideally in the e-commerce or game development industry;
- You are an effective communicator who uses appropriate language at all levels -both spoken and written- in English, and (ideally) in Dutch;
- Your experience with GraphQL (Apollo), Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket) or Node.js is a major asset;
- You have basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms (LESS, SASS);
- You believe in the strength of working according to Agile (Scrum) principles;
- You develop with passion, structured, modular and aim for scalability;
- You are an analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills;
- You have a good sense of urgency, excellent prioritization skills and are capable of working in a high pressure, fast moving environment;
- You are a team player who derives satisfaction from working closely with others;
- You have an innovative mindset, you are creative as well as rigorous with an eye for detail while always keeping the bigger picture in mind.
What can you count on?
Napoleon Sports & Casino is Belgian market leader in the entertainment sector. We are focused on marketing online gaming experiences that are thrilling and rewarding. Our platforms are built in highly performant and contemporary technologies that run on a state-of-the-art system architecture, often dubbed by IT technicians as “a veritable Walhalla”.
In return for your dedication and expertise, Napoleon Sports & Casino offers a challenging career in a unique, fast-paced and dynamic environment. We offer an attractive salary package, including various benefits, including a company car with fuel card as well as ample learning and growth opportunities. Our offices are based in easily reachable, modern offices in Aalst, between Brussels and Ghent.