At Atlas Copco, we build top class software for top class machines. We believe in a digital future, and embrace the fourth industrial revolution that is happening right now. We believe that machines that always used to operate in isolation from each other, must now become interconnected and integrated within their environment. They must become Cyber-Physical Systems, cornerstones of the future industrial landscape. Therefore, we are looking for highly talented and motivated embedded software developers, to help us shaping that future.
Your responsibilities as an Embedded Software Developer
As an embedded software developer you will work in the team that builds the software to control and monitor large compressed air systems. You work on a variety of aspects of this software, such as the low-level integration on an embedded Linux platform, the inter-process communication on that platform, the communication between multiple and heterogeneous machines, the system architecture, and the development of specific applications that are requested by our stakeholders.
Together with the team you are responsible for the whole development process:
- from the requirements analysis
- conceptual design, detailed system design
- implementation, testing, to the final delivery of the product.
Successfully transforming the use cases of our stakeholders into finished products, involves collaborating with teams of varying background, selecting emerging technologies, building prototypes and preparing show cases and demos. This implies that you take initiative, are passionate about new innovations, are hands-on, are a strong communicator and are convinced everything can be done in a more elegant way.
- Specify, design, implement and validate top quality software systems, in close collaboration with your fellow team members.
- Investigate, validate and integrate promising technologies. Stay on top of the latest technological evolutions.
- Innovate new ideas, track related research, develop new concepts, prototype ideas, and report on project status.
- Communicate technical innovations through reports and regular presentations to our stakeholders and divisional management.
- You have a passion for software development and cutting-edge technology.
- You have a special interest in embedded software development. You want to control, monitor and integrate machines in an industrial environment.
- You are either a senior software developer with an impressive track record, or you are a junior software developer who can convince us of your exceptional talent for software development (e.g. by demonstrating your contributions to an open-source software project).
- You are a proficient all-round programmer. Having a solid background in object-oriented programming is a must, having experience with C++ and Python a strong asset.
- You like to develop software in an agile way, and consider code review from your peers a must to achieve top quality software.
- Linux is your preferred development environment.
- You are familiar with TCP/IP communication. Preferably, you are also familiar with one or more of the following communication protocols: D-Bus, CORBA, XML-RPC, Java RMI, DDS, SOAP, CAN, Modbus, Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet/IP, EtherCAT, OPC UA.
- You are searching for an opportunity to grow in a team, and to complement the team by excelling in selected areas of interest.
- You are strongly motivated to continuously learn, and keep track of the latest technological advancements.
- You are intrigued by emerging trends in digitalization, embedded systems, connectivity, IoT, Industry 4.0, smart systems, robotics, M2M, AI.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical, problem-solving, curious, eager to learn.
- You try new ideas, methods and technologies because you are convinced there is always a better way.
- You are a real team player and like to learn from experts.
- You have a great sense of entrepreneurship.
- You are a strong communicator.
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.