We are Qorvo
We are Qorvo. We do more than create innovative RF solutions for the mobile, defense and infrastructure markets – we are a place to innovate and shape the future of wireless communications. It starts with our employees. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what's next. Explore the possibilities with us.
Qorvo’s Low Power Wireless division, one of the leading developers of semiconductor system solutions in the IEEE 802.15.4 and Zigbee market with a rich offering of RF chips and software for smart home data communications and the Internet of Things (IoT), is currently looking for a Senior Voice and Audio Architect.
As a member of the Systems and Software team, you are part of Qorvo’s Wireless Connectivity business unit. You contribute to the success of our IoT products, by providing state of the art, low power, voice and audio capabilities to our IoT products.
- Taking ownership of the audio sub system at chip level, partitioning the audio chain in HW and SW components, and benchmarking various approaches
- Going hands-on with the embedded SW running on the platform to checking feasibility and build proof of concepts
- Discussing with internal and external customers to get a clear view on the audio and voice related requirements
- Providing architecture specifications to implement these new audio and voice features
- Identifying what components can be sourced and what need to be developed in-house
- Monitoring and benchmarking commercially available DSP cores, as well as audio and voice-related algorithms, both on performance and power metrics
- Working together with digital engineers and software engineers to turn the architecture into products
- Proven experience architecting an audio subsystem at chip level
- You have a strong background and at least 3 years of experience writing SW for embedded audio applications
- Experience with ARM Cortex M and various DSP cores is a big plus
- A good knowledge on voice, audio and signal processing, especially Beamforming, Noise Suppression, Acoustic Echo Cancellation and Voice Activity Detection
- You have a basic understanding on major wireless standards, and especially understand the streaming aspects
- You have solid, hands-on experience in embedded C/C++ programming and Python scripting
- BSEE or MSEE
- The vacancy is open in our Belgian or Dutch office. Our Belgian office is located in Zele, close to the E17 exit and can be reached traffic-jam free by car.