As a customer focused functional analyst/programmer you will be part of the “ERP and Finance” team tending to the needs of our global customers. You will develop and test programs within the context of daily maintenance and projects. Once deployed, you might have to maintain applications to ensure their optimal functioning.
Furthermore, you and your colleagues are a direct point of contact for business request including first- and second-line support questions.
This position has the following responsibilities:
- Support new BPCS change request and projects
- Translate business requirements in to manageable software solutions
- You coordinate and follow up upon requested system changes and projects.
- You act as liaison and first point of contact between local users and different back-office IS/IT teams to ensure satisfactory results from the users’ point of view.
- Correct ad hoc problems, actively follow up and notify users of the status
- You guarantee an excellent quality of the system processes, which need to be in line with the business processes. To do so you build up detailed knowledge of the ERP system and other applications in use.
- You assist in first-line, technical support where possible (i.e. initial issue analysis, data updates, …).
What we expect of you?
The ideal candidate will have a good blend of business and IT-technical skills. Specific requirements for this position include:
- A track record of proactively identifying solutions to both technology and business issues
- Experience working in an environment requiring cooperation and negotiation with other business units/IS organizations to attain goals
- Understanding of and experience with business systems including the ability to analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Experience with integration between AS400 and other applications
- Understanding and experience with software development processes including defining business requirements, defining technical specifications, development procedures, testing procedures, change management and implementation
- Understanding of and experience with software support processes
Knowledge of different business processes in an industrial company and experience with ERP systems is a plus.
- Experience with iSeries (AS/400) Operations.
CL and RPG (4)/ILE programming languages is a must, others are a plus.
Extensive experience with BPCS (preferably version 6) and/or other major ERP systems.
- A strong functional knowledge on a wide variety of business processes (e.g. C2P, D2S, F2M, … ) is required in order to correctly assess the impact and urgency of issues reported, hence organizing support activities according to the right priorities.
- Strong affinity and understanding of IT applications.
- A degree in Computer Science or IT related studies.
- Good spoken and written knowledge of English is required.
- You are very customer focused, enthusiastic and professional
- You have strong data/process analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- You need to have good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of end-users as well as the second line CT-IS support teams in India and Belgium.
- You are result oriented, quality focused and have a proactive mindset
- You must be able to handle pressure to meet strict deadlines
- You are open to work in global team with a mix of different cultures
- You are a team player and encourage knowledge sharing between colleagues
Start a journey towards something greater
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our caring culture and leading-edge technology enable us to innovate for a sustainable future. With us you become part of a global community of passionate people making a tangible impact on people’s lives.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.